Thursday, November 6, 2014

Menswear Inspired

Top- Francesca's, Blouse- Forever 21 (similar), Jeans- Forever 21, Heels- Express

I've been loving menswear inspired looks this season. These jeans- love them! They fit perfectly and that little white stripe is all you need to add a bit of tuxedo-inspired sophistication to a simple look. The houndstooth pattern on the cropped top adds to the menswear vibe, along with the stiff collar on the shirt underneath.

When I first saw that mules were a "thing," I hated them. But after seeing them around for a while, they kinda grew on me. I love that these look like a simple pair of black pumps I could wear everyday, just without a back on them. And the heel may look high, but these are so comfortable! I have been wearing them a ton to work and haven't had any problem walking in them all day.

3 comments:

  1. So chic! Especially love the collar and that skinny stripe.

    xo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love layering a cropped shirt/sweater over a collared shirt, and this pairing looks fabulous!

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you weren't hot on mules at first either, because neither am I. But you are really tempting me with those. They are fierce! And that's not a word you would normally use to describe mules, amiright? Great find!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!