Thursday, September 4, 2014

What I Bought This Month: August Haul


Well, here's my slightly late, slightly large August Haul. I don't have any good excuse except that it was my birthday month, does that count? I haven't tallied up my budget, but I'm pretty sure I went over. Apparently this whole budgeting, tracking every purchase and posting about it isn't working for me to control my spending on clothes. I need to find a better way.

I was on a major dress kick, as well as a white kick. And I also wanted to pick up a few new outfits to wear for my birthday celebrations.

Here are the details:

1. Floral Layered Dress (Romwe) - I decided to place my first Romwe order after seeing this dress on their site. It's identical to one I saw in the Zara sale this summer that I didn't pick up because the price was still too high. This one was a great price since I found a 20% off coupon.
2. Blue Wrap Skirt (Forever 21) - This skirt is so much fun- love the blue and black combo and the asymmetrical wrap detail!
3. Rope Print Tee (Ann Taylor) - I picked up this fun top with my $15 off birthday coupon from Ann Taylor. Since it was on the sale rack I basically got it for free!
4. Khaki Trousers (H&M) - I have these pants in three colors since they fit me so well, and they are super affordable.
5. Black Romper (Boohoo) - I got this romper to wear to my birthday dinner with friends and I love it! It's very classy since the shorts are a lot longer than some other rompers I've seen. I ordered it in white too and promptly sent it back- it was incredibly sheer!
6. White Embroidered Dress (Romwe) - After seeing both Julia of Gal Meets Glam and Reese Witherspoon in this dress, I figured I couldn't go wrong with it!
7. Black Lace Peplum (Forever 21) - Just a fun little peplum tank. Forever 21 always gets me!
8. Lilac Lace Dress (Forever 21) - This was perfect for the last summer wedding I attended.
9. Striped Shirt Dress (Loft) - This is super soft and great for work, not to mention on sale for $30!
10. Polka Dot Button Up (Romwe) - A great workwear basic.
11. White Sheath Dress (Forever 21) - Forever 21 really got it right with this dress, its perfect!
12. Maroon Striped Tee (Old Navy) - Love this as an easy transition piece from summer to fall.
13. White Maxi Dress (Romwe) - Here's another dress I've seen on so many girls and loved! Why I decided to buy it at the end of summer is a good question...but it's still hot here so I can get away with summer dressing!
14. Black Sheath Dress (Forever 21) - This is another fun dress for work!
15. Embroidered Clutch (Anthropologie) - I love the clutches at Anthropologie, so I decided to spoil myself with one for my birthday!
16. White Boyfriend Jeans (Zara) - I returned the boyfriend jeans I bought from Old Navy last month. Every time I put them on to wear, I always ended up changing before leaving the house. These from Zara fit me much better and are a better length.
17. Black Trousers (Banana Republic) - I tried on a lot of black trousers last month and these were the only ones that were a perfect fit. I want to get them in every color.
18. Nude Wedges (Moddeals) - At only $10 I couldn't say no! These are cute and comfortable.
19. Floral Tank Dress (Forever 21) - I thought this would be so much fun with a leather jacket and booties as the weather starts cooling down.

See my previous hauls here: January | February | March | April | May | June | July



Linking up with Budgeting Bloggers

5 comments:

  1. #13 and #9 are my favorites. I bought a lot of white too for it to be so close to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm now the only one! I'll have to find a way to make white more fall appropriate I guess, or I won't be wearing those dresses until next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gorgeous Romwe dress... Hello, dahhhhhling! Love it.


    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been nominated for a Liebster Award (it is a TAG with questions)! For more information please check out my blog post: http://stylishsuicide.blogspot.cz/2014/09/liebster-award-tag.html

    Good luck, have a nice day! :)



    P.S: I fell in love with number 1, 7 and 8! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Loft dress!


    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!