Thursday, April 24, 2014

Work Wear: Tuxedo Trousers

Blazer- Primark (similar), Tee- H&M, Pants- H&M, Heels- Target, Necklace- Mindy Mae's Market, Bag- Mango (similar)

I'm still in the process of revamping and remixing my work wardrobe. It's funny to think that when I first starting working full time after college, I wore boot cut dress pants in black, gray, and navy. All the time. I remember wearing a teal shirt with my black pants one day, and one of my coworkers said, "Wow, you're wearing color! You always wear black, white and gray." I caught me a little off guard because I thought my work wear was a little more fun than that. After transitioning into a new role at my job, one where I could stop wearing pantyhose and start wearing open toed shoes, I began to get a little, no, a LOT more adventurous with color.

While I have certainly been wearing more color, I'm fully aware that this outfit is in fact, black, white and gray. Regardless, it's still a major upgrade from what I wore four years ago. I've gotten rid of all my boot cut dress pants and traded them for slim cut, straight leg trousers. These black tuxedo trousers are a little more interesting with satin stripes down the sides. They are also more high-waisted than what I've worn in the past. And for my blazer? This white ruched sleeve blazer is so much better than the stuffy gray version I used to wear that was half of the suit I bought for job interviews. I skipped the button-up blouse and went with an easy gray tee to finish the look.

I'm guest posting on Carylee's blog today, so head over there to see two more ways I styled my gray tee!


19 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful, classic look! Love those trousers! Gorgeous!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with trusty neutrals! Love the tuxedo stripe, and that necklace is so fun!

    xo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tuxedo Trousers are Gorgeous. You look so Prim+Proper. Loving the Blazer & Bag too.


    Have a Great Day! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!!!!!! Those pants will be so versatile in your closet!!!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith Ansah BaylissApril 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM

    Such a great look! Loving your trousers and necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a classic look! I love how you updated it with the tee and sparkle necklace!


    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is so classy I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this classic look! You can never go wrong with black, white and grey! And I love that necklace!


    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm such a color fanatic I might be doomed in the black, white, and grey corporate world! You look great! Classy and cute :) xo
    Dimitra @ If The Stiletto Fits
    dimitrajc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still find it difficult sometimes to integrate my personal style into professional attire as well. This is a great look!


    Kate
    nomadoen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a chic, pretty work look! Incorporating personal style into business profession attire is really tricky, but I think you've done a great job here. That blazer is gorgeous on you (and so versatile I bet), and I'm in love with your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving on that blazer right now - it fits you perfectly! I have trouble incorporating color myself and always find go back to the white, grey and black combo:)


    xo http://www.mrsjaclynleblanc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a casual yet perfect work wear outfit! Love what you've done and will definitely be following!!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh so smart, this is my ideal outfit, the statement necklace and great bag are really the icing on a perfect cake! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you went with a more basic tee to complete the look! You look fab! Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great look! so classy! the trousers and necklace are great!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!! So glad I found your blog! Can't wait to follow along!
    Kaylee
    www.atkikis.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Kaylee! I'm heading to check out your blog as we speak :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!