Thursday, April 10, 2014

Work Wear: Fancy Pants

 Blazer- Primark (similar), Blouse- Express, Pants- H&M, Heels- Charlotte Russe (similar), Bag- Coach, Necklace- Baublebar (similar), Watch- Fossil

A couple weeks back, I posted three outfit ideas for work, along with the promise that I'd try them out ASAP. This is my first real life version of those looks.


These pants. are. SO. COMFY! I'm so glad I stumbled across these drapey trousers at H&M. Okay, so maybe they slightly resemble pajama pants, but with the addition of a blazer, I felt perfectly dressed up enough for my business casual workplace. I'm pretty sure my coworkers agreed. I didn't even get any "you're wearing that?!" looks, at least. 

After work, I normally change into comfy clothes, or jeans if I'm going out somewhere. But the day I wore these pants? I didn't want to take them off. I threw on a t-shirt and a different pair of sandals and I was set for dinner out. (You can catch that look here next week.)

So here's my advice. If you want to be incredibly comfortable in your nine to five, snatch up a pair of loose fitting trousers. Even some with a drawstring like mine. Pair them with a structured top or blazer to combat the flowiness on bottom, and voila. Most comfortable work outfit, ever.



28 comments:

  1. I really love how you dressed these up and am excited to see this work outfit! I really love it. I think the fact that the pieces you paired it with are white and cream also really pulls the outfit to another level. After sitting at a computer desk for 6+ hours at work, comfortable pants and skirts are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those relaxed Palazzo Pants are gorgeous and you have styled them beautifully. I love how well they work with that awesome bag and the White Blouse with the Black piping. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those trousers on you! I have a basic black pair, and really need to start working 'em in with spring-like outfit. You look gorgeous, Katie! :)


    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great job dressing up those pants for work! Love your mani too!

    xo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pants. Loving them on you. Great outfit.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love it. I think the fact that the pieces you paired it with are white and cream also really pulls the outfit to another level. http://qr.net/tr4Y

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say, i love the printed pants trend! These look so slouchy and comfy.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it's a tiny detail, but your accent nail is so cool! I love little details that make an outfit like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am co-hosting Friday's Fab Favorites and just wanted to thank you for linking up! This outfit is fabulous. I love the pants and shoes!



    Kimberly
    Mascaramelodies.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO cute! Loving these pants!

    Tiffany Ima
    <a href="http://stylehonestly.com>Style Honestly </a>

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh the small details are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your purse.

    Love,

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely post! nice outfit on you!

    
Please check out our blog at http://www.beautyshareit.com

    
PS. you can also post your blog posts straight to our website to get FEATURED!
xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a CUTE outfit!! I really like the pop of green in your necklace!!

    Amber
    Fashion, Floss and Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Meghan! I have been squeezing in to pencil skirts that don't quite fit anymore for a while now, so these pants were a nice comfortable change! And I can never find good work pants that fit right anyway, so these are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Ashley! I sooo need a black pair now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do too! A year ago, I would have never thought I'd wear pants like these, but they are so much fun and so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Anna! I agree- I love fun manis to add a little more interest to my outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Amber! I'm really glad I added this necklace for a little pop of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Faith Ansah BaylissApril 22, 2014 at 6:34 PM

    so obsessed! this outfit is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! I think I'd be weary of the drawstring (it always makes me thing sweatpants?!), but I do own a pair with just a stretchy top, so I'll definitely need to try this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!