Monday, August 12, 2013


Although the weather is still warm, we are getting closer to fall, which means its time to start talking fall fashion. Practical shopping includes thoughtful planning, and this is especially important at the beginning of each season. I enjoy keeping up with seasonal trends and love to incorporate them into my daily style. It's important to figure out first of all, what is going to be popular for fall? Once I nail down some trends I know I want to wear, I can go through my closet and see what I already have that will work. Then, I can decide on a handful of pieces I want to add to my wardrobe to achieve the style I'm going for in the new season.

Do some of these trends intimidate you? They certainly do me! That's why we are going to take these trends and figure out how to style them in wearable ways. Keep reading this week for four looks where I incorporate these trends into something that makes sense for the average woman. I've also done some shopping for you based on each trend so you can start creating a fall wish list of your own.


Linking up with Kayla

12 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this series, Katie! Especially the lace, that one is the only one that kinda throws me off, always afraid I'll end up looking like a doily or something. You really do post the most interesting things! I would love to have you stop by the blog as part of my "Making It" series so I can find out all about your inspiration. what do you think?
    xx Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lace and military inspired and the leather. All fabulous!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- love those too! I want everything leather for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely! I'm looking forward to posting my looks this week and hope you love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in luck- I have two lace looks coming up this week that are doily-free! Lol. I'm so glad you are looking forward to the series. And I'd love to participate in your Making It series! That sounds fun :) Shoot me an email and we'll talk! kslatton827 [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HEART this post girl! I especially love the patchwork series. I can't way to see more~ I also reallllyyyy want to see your aero picks~ =D

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I love how lace has stayed in style for so long. I could use more leather in my wardrobe, and denim is always classic and casual. Loving these trends!


    http://sincerelysabrina.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kimberly! All my Aero picks are coming up this week- Wednesday and Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to add more of all of these trends to my wardrobe for fall! I'm trying to wait until its not 100 degrees outside though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these fall picks! I recently bought a pair of leather pants. Nervous to wear them. I don't want to have a "Ross" moment!
    xo,
    Jacqueline


    stylininstouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try leather pants too! I have some faux leather leggings, but they just don't give the leather effect I want. I'm excited to see how you style yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments!